Sunday, January 17, 2016






2015 was an incredible year of vulnerability, growth, healing, and above all -a found peace. 

I am forever grateful for the hard things in life. They allow us to become who God wants us to be. HE has to be the one to chip away the hard, jagged exterior to reveal who HE created. Our job is to be obedient and open, not closed off and fearful. 

This year, I want to choose a word to carry me through 2016. One that is challenging, scary, and fitting. So BOLD has been placed in my lap. At first, I thought.... Whoa!? I can’t do that.... can I co that?..... I CAN do that! What a challenge that would be -to adopt a word that scares the crap out of me. But I think that is the whole point. To take on a challenge and see how it goes along into the next 365. In the last two weeks alone, it has come up repeatedly in unexpected ways!

Today, I stepped out in faith and obedience; and was baptized. Now the getting up in front of people has never bothered me. I have talked in front of crowds, etc. many times. But I am a very private person when it comes to personal things, so acting on my faith in such a public way today was a very BOLD step for me. Yay today!!!

2016 is an exciting mystery, and I have no idea what's coming ‘round the bend. I do possess confidence through Christ that it will be good no matter what.


I know the following for sure: 

GOD’S GOT ME
GOD LOVES ME
GOD WANTS ME TO BE BOLD

2 Corinthians 3:12

No comments:

Post a Comment